- Most major lakes in Texas built to address floods and drought rather than recreation – June 2018 – Texas Water Development Board – Read More
- Water is limiting factor for South Texas rice – January 22, 2018 – Southwest FarmPress – Read More
- 2017 Texas Legislative Committee assignments have been announced.
- See House Committee assignments here.
- See Senate Committee assignments here.
- See upcoming committee meetings here.
- In major water case, win for farmers is loss for cities – February 19, 2016 – Texas Tribune – Read More
- LCRA releases new plan to conserve water – February 18, 2016 – Austin Monitor – Read More
- State officials approve Central Texas-friendly water management plan – November 4, 2015 – Austin American-Statesman – Read More
- New plan would lessen LCRA obligation to release Highland Lakes water – November 3, 2015 – Austin American-Statesman – Read More
- USA Rice-DU Stewardship Partnership Texas Reservoir Project Clears First Hurdle – USA Rice – Read More
- With Cuba relations thawing, rice farmers look for trade - August 14, 2015 - Austin American-Statesman - Read More
- State approves withholding of reservoirs' water for farmers for 2015 - July 1, 2015 - Austin American-Statesman - Read More
- LCRA gets approval to keep water from being released downstream - June 30, 2015 - KXAN - Read More
- CWIC urges TCEQ to revise Findings of Fact in LCRA Emergency Order cutting off irrigation water (PDF) (June 30, 2015) Read More
- Disappearing habitat: As water and land management change in the Texas Mid-Coast, waterfowl feel the effects – Summer 2015 – TX H20 Texas Water Resources Institute magazine – Read More
- New rice-focused conservation program set to launch this year – Spring 2015 – USA Rice’s Whole Grain – Read More
- Proposed change in water rules would benefit lakeside interests – Austin American Statesman, Oct. 21, 2014 – Read More
- Texas’ water planning: Opportunity and responsibility – Austin American Statesman, Sept. 17, 2014 – Read More
- Reservoir project in rice country gets financial assist - Sept. 4, 2014 - Houston Chronicle - Read More
- During drought, once mighty Texas rice belt fades away – State Impact, August 12, 2014 – Read More
- Texas water authority increases rates to make up for less water sold during drought – Bloomberg BNA, June 19, 2014 – Read More
- Water woes: Trickle-down effect – Denton Record-Chronicle, May 11, 2014 – Read More
- CWIC asks for contested case hearing of Emergency Order on irrigation water unless it is modified or rejected by TCEQ – (PDF – Feb. 10, 2014)
- Rice farmers denounce recommendation to cut off irrigation water for 3rd year in a row (PDF – Jan. 27, 2014)
Appeals For Fair Allocation of Colorado River Water
- Lower Colorado River Basin Coalition Letter to TCEQ – Feb. 26, 2014
- Brink Grimes Letter to TCEQ – Feb. 9, 2014
- Ducks Unlimited Letter to TCEQ – Feb. 5, 2014
- Wharton County Chamber of Commerce Call to Action – Feb. 4, 2014
- Rep. Bonnen Letter to TCEQ – Feb. 4, 2014
- More resolutions, letters, and appeals